According to some really interesting data tables from the U.S. Census Bureau about computer and Internet use (2010), just 34% of Hispanic households have access to the Internet both at home and outside their homes.
There were some really interesting numbers from the chart for these households, which we will share below.
- 25% access at home only
- 4.4% access only outside the home
- 34.1% access both at home and outside the home
- 26.7% access the Internet at work
- 23.8% access the Internet at school
- 10.7% at the public library
- 1.1% at a community center
- 3.7% at aan Internet café
- 9.7% other
These numbers were slightly lower for black households — which is to say Latinos have slightly more Internet access than African Americans. And whites and Asians generally had higher access than both Latinos and blacks.
You can download this data table, and others, here.
[Image Via aubergene]